A challenging aspect while architecting a solution is to identify the right set of hosting services for that Applications and Data that your solution comprises of. An optimized hosting strategy is essential to ensure maximized performance, flexibility, security & storage space your organization requires — at lower TCO. If not planned well and early enough, it can turn-out to be a big showstopper and effect the entire solution development and management.
Nowadays Cloud has become a viable, cost effective and efficient hosting option – and enterprises are adopting and exploring the scalability and efficiencies it offers. Cloud comes with the advantage of pay as per usage, there are no extra overhead costs. There are many advantages of using cloud some of them can be robust experience to users, where as it also restart the server automatically during unseen outages.
There are multiple cloud platform available – but organizations need to identify the best platform as per their needs. The choice can be dependent on numbers of parameters such as projected data size, usage, security required, location etc. We have to take into consideration the design and implementation of the final solution. For example, there are certain APIs, which are not supported on some cloud platforms.
Amazon Web Services
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud commonly referred to as Amazon EC2 is the core of the Amazon Web Service (AWS), it is one of the most advanced and popular cloud computing platform. The platforms allows users to rent virtual machines hosted in Amazon data centers and scale the number of instances on demand. Another part of the platform is a variety of web services supporting hosted applications (such as storage, database, cache, management and many others), which are also available to external applications Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a secured, scalable, and cost-effective solution for hosting your application in the cloud. AWS give you the instant access to resource, and the flexibility to manage machines as you like, so you can get your application launched quickly.
- Quickly deploy new applications
- Scale elastically with demand
- Easily backup your data
- Pay for only what you use
In a nutshell, Windows Azure hosting environment is an array of virtual machines (VM) running Windows 2008 R2 operating system. Those VMs are created, started, stopped and disposed of by the platform automatically. To host an application instance Windows Azure first creates a clean VM using a default image, which already includes all the applicable updates, patches and hotfixes, then deploys the application into the image and starts the VM. The VM can be stopped at any point of time by the platform; another instance of the application is started in another VM.
There are two types of applications which can be hosted by Windows Azure. The first one, a so-called Web Role, is very similar to a web application running under IIS. The second, referred to as a Worker Role, can be thought of as a regular Windows service. It’s essential to keep in mind that application instances run behind a built-in load balancing mechanism.
Understanding the fact that the operating system can be recycled at any point of time is a foundation of Windows Azure application developer’s philosophy: everything stored locally will be deleted when VM is recycled (for example, files generated by an application in runtime). To preserve the data and to make it available to every instance the application should use external storage.
The Windows Azure platform provides such storage and makes it accessible via API for different types of data, namely:
- Suitable for storing large amount of unstructured data
- Allows to store large number of small structured records and execute queries against the table
- Implements FIFO access to a sequence of small unstructured records
- Very similar to regular MS SQL relation database with some restrictions
Oracle E-Business Suite
Cloud Future Technology is uniquely positioned to help clients migrate and host Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud platform because:
- We are an Oracle Platinum Partner specialized in Oracle E-Business Suite and Oracle Database
- We are an AWS Premier Consulting Partner recognized by AWS with Oracle Competency
- We have completed many Oracle EBS cloud migrations to AWS supporting production workloads
Cloud Future Technology Oracle E-Business Suite Hosting Service delivers
- Lower cost of ownership compared to on-premises or traditional hosting solutions
- Robust performance to meet complex business operations
- Strong security solutions on the AWS cloud to meet industry requirements
- Improved reliability and availability compared to traditional hosting solutions
Cloud Future Technology Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) Hosting Service revolutionizes the way in which businesses deploy and support Oracle EBS. By delivering Oracle E-Business Suite on cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), and by changing the way the application is installed, maintained and managed, Apps Associates enables enterprises to operate complex solutions on the cloud with much greater efficiency.
Components of the solution include:
- Assessing the existing Oracle EBS implementation and developing a roadmap to migrate to the cloud
- Designing the AWS cloud infrastructure storage for network, performance, cost and security requirements
- Migrating existing Oracle EBS environment, or building new Oracle EBS in the AWS cloud
- Cloud Managed Services to operate the Oracle EBS environment on AWS
Oracle Application Hosting
Cloud Future Technology enables Oracle customers to migrate and host their applications on the AWS (Amazon Web Services) cloud.
The migration to cloud infrastructure is a strategic choice and cost is not the only factor driving IT to choose cloud based ERP solutions; others include:
- An existing ERP hosting contract coming up for renewal, with 3-year lock in period
- There is a looming and expensive hardware refresh required
- A new ERP implementation with rapid deployment requirements
- A company merger or divestiture that’s driving ERP integration across the two organizations